In Puppet Fundamentals students will learn the Right Way to manage a infrastructure. Students will start by installing Puppet Enterprise, then learn Puppet Best Practices and use Puppet to write simple classes, and update and extend existing modules. Puppet Fundamentals is taught through a combination of lecture and relevant, real world, hands-on exercises.
What You Will Learn to Help You Solve Problems
- The fundamental component roles that make up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source).
- The core concepts for the Puppet DSL, including:
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating logic from presentation by using Templates.
- Modeling repeatable portions of your configuration by using Defined Resource Types.
- Building a foundation for building more complex configurations by using Advanced Classes:
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
- An introduction to using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules.
- A brief introduction to the Roles and Profiles design pattern.
Course Length // Type
Three (3) Days // Instructor-Led in a classroom
Who Should Attend
In this course, we expect students to have little to no experience with Puppet Enterprise (or Puppet Open Source) and are looking to build a foundation for future growth, experience, and knowledge.