The Puppet Dashboard is a web interface and reporting tool for your Puppet installation. Dashboard facilitates management and configuration tasks, provides a quick visual snapshot of important system information, and delivers valuable reports. In the future, it will also serve to integrate with other IT tools commonly used alongside Puppet.
Main Screen — Visualize Your Infrastructure
The main page of Puppet Dashboard (Figure 1) provides a visual snapshot of important information. The dashboard shows you status of recent puppet runs, including a chart of recent run failure percentages, and an activity feed of recent changes to nodes in the system. Puppet dashboard is rapidly evolving, over time you’ll see even more useful information here.
The Node View — Manage and check the status of Puppet nodes
The node view of the Puppet dashboard provides status information and reporting capabilities for installed nodes, including:
- The current configuration of a node
- Status information for recent Puppet runs
- Report information for recent Puppet runs
- A graph of run time for recent Puppet runs
- A list of configuration changes made
The node view also provides the ability to do basic node management tasks:
- Nodes can be updated or removed
- Classes and parameters can be applied to nodes directly or inherited from groups
The Report View — Recent information on Puppet runs
The Report View (Figure 3) provides report information on a given Puppet run, on a node by node basis. The reports show benchmark information, statistics about the number of resources the run affected, and full report logs. As the reports generated by Puppet grow to provide even more detailed information, so too will the displays here grow to show that information.
Puppet Dashboard is a relatively new project and are looking to make it even better. Puppet Dashboard will likely be changing quite a bit in upcoming releases to meet the needs of our community (that means you). We have a number of new features and enhancements planned. Contact us and let us know your ideas.
- Puppet Dashboard documentation
- Send bugs or feature requests
- Join and participate in our user lists
- Participate in our irc channel