With a team of trained and experienced experts, our support services are provided to help customers deploy, develop and maintain their infrastructure using Puppet.
Hit the ground running with a Puppet Labs Quick-Start. The Quick-Start enables your team to leverage our Puppet expertise to build the foundation of your infrastructure. We’ll start by training your team, then spend two days working together building solutions specific to your organization.
- 3 Days of Puppet On-Site Training (up to 10 students)
- 2 Days of Professional Services
- Build Puppet in your environment
- Implement Puppet Best Practices
- Reusable Puppet module integration
Cost: $19,500 for up to 10 students, then $1k/per additional student up to 15. (International training is available, but may be charged at different rates.)
Our consultants have extensive experience working with organizations world-wide, helping them implement automation solutions and improving their release management process. We can bring this knowledge to your organization by sharing how high performing companies are adapting their operations to successfully implement DevOps practices. The process will consist of analyzing current system and release management practices, then recommending improvements based on the use of Puppet and related deployment automation solutions.
The goals of this project are to aid the client in:
- Promoting changes from development to production quickly and successfully
- Designing an automated provisioning and deployment process
- Identifying technologies that may be leveraged to achieve desired results
- Get up to speed on emerging topics like Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment, Infrastructure as Code, and DevOps Culture
- Review goals for process improvement, identify current choke-points, etc.
- Review existing release management processes
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders such as the development team(s), Q/A, Release Management, and System Administrators
- Recommend appropriate technologies that may be leveraged to aid in process improvement
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the release management process and eliminate inefficiencies
Cost: $2000/day – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an estimate.
Puppet Labs’ Professional Services team will provide services that are designed to assist you in rapidly deploying and implementing Puppet successfully into your infrastructure. The process will consist of knowledge transfer and pair development ensuring that your staff are well equipped to use Puppet to automate your infrastructure. The end result will be a working implementation of Puppet that is designed to meet your configuration management automation goals.
The Puppet Bootstrap Package includes:
- Review any existing configuration management or automation
- Install Puppet master on 1 server
- Install and configure Puppet Dashboard for node classification and reporting
- Install Puppet client on a specified number of hosts
- Implement Puppet Best Practices
- Reusable Puppet module development and integration
- Custom facts and functions development
Cost: $9,950 for 5 business days
If your organization has been using Puppet for a while, you may not need help getting started, but that doesn’t mean Puppet Labs can’t help you get more out of Puppet. The audit is an in-depth review of the organization, composition and content of your Puppet manifests by a Puppet Labs’ Puppet professional. The goal of an audit is to improve scalability and maintainability of a Puppet infrastructure by improving design with more compact and expressive Puppet code. An audit will also improve the support Puppet Labs can provide by providing context and details about your infrastructure.
Puppet Labs will deliver a report outlining recommended Puppet refactoring and reorganization.
Cost: $6,000 – Audit with remote presentation; $8,000 – Audit with onsite presentation
Puppet is a powerful solution that can solve problems many ways. Leverage our experience to ensure that you are maximizing the efficiency that Puppet provides. Puppet Labs can help you model your systems using Puppet patterns and practices which maximize scalability, maintainability and flexibility. From planning to custom integrations, our Professional Services will help you get the most out of Puppet.
Below are some of the things that we can help with:
- Environment review
- Custom module development
- Best Practices delivery
- Custom Feature development
- Optimization of Puppet deployment
- Integration with Monitoring solutions
- Integration with trouble ticketing solutions
- Integration with CMDBs
- Migrating from existing tools such as CFengine, Opsware or home grown tools to Puppet
- Puppet in the cloud