If you need a way to manage a large and complex infrastructure and gather all the parts of your Puppet manifests together, then this week’s podcast is for you!
Puppet Labs professional services engineer, James Sweeny, chats with Puppet certified Linux engineer, Greg Swift, about how he’s using the Roles and Profiles design model with much success at Rackspace. Don’t miss the conversation full of aha moments between James and Greg. (Even seasoned Puppet users will learn something new.)
Hear Greg explain:
- Basics of roles and profiles
- Importance of the roles and profiles design pattern
- Wrapper modules
- Workflow with version control around roles and profiles
- Listen to our other podcasts.
- Join the Puppet Community.
- Register or submit a talk for PuppetConf.
- Read “Designing Puppet – Roles and Profiles”
- Watch “Designing Puppet: Roles and Profiles Design Pattern”
- Read “Building a Functional Puppet Workflow Part 2: Roles and Profiles”
- Read “Configuration Management as Legos”